One of the biggest problems when it comes to installing a bird feeder in your yard or porch is that it usually attracts hordes of squirrels. Not only do the squirrels eat the seeds reserved for birds, they also ruin the feeder by chewing it into bits. With that said, when you purchase a bird feeder, always see to it that it’s designed in a way that protects it from squirrels. It should also be made from materials that don’t easily give way to a squirrel’s razor-sharp teeth. To help you out, below is a quick overview of the top squirrel proof bird feeders today. These are the ones you should purchase if you want your feeder safe from squirrels and other rodents.
Buy Squirrel Proof Bird Feeders Online: http://www.squirrelproofbirdfeeders.birdsofna.org/
1. The Squirrel Buster Feeder by Brome – This feeder was specifically designed to keep squirrels at bay. The feeder’s metallic top and bottom completely protects it from constant nibbling. A sturdy wire mesh covers the body of the feeder. Birds can easily access the seeds and nuts through the dispenser which is too small to be accessed by squirrels. Both perching and clinging birds can feed from the dispenser.
2. The Squirrel Be Gone by Perky Pet – What makes this feeder unique is that it doesn’t look like a bird feeder which is quite helpful in keeping squirrels away. Designed like a long square tube, it has six feeding ports and it can contain up to three and a half pounds of seeds. Metal perches also surround the feeder so that birds can feed securely and comfortably. It’s the perfect feeder for birds like jays, juncos, grosbeaks, kinglets, doves, cardinals, flickers, finches, and grackles.
3. The Wild Bird Feeder by Perky Pet – This is probably one of the most uniquely designed feeders in the market today. Unlike other feeders, it’s shaped like a ball and it doesn’t come with a seed dispenser. Instead, the entire body of the feeder is composed of wire mesh with openings that are just big enough so that birds can pick at the seeds inside. It’s also colored red which makes it look like a red balloon from afar.
4. The Heritage Farms Squirrel Resistant Bird Feeder – First of all, this feeder has a steel body which means that it’s impossible for squirrels to nibble through it. It can also hold up to nine pounds of seeds. And last but not the least, it has top locks that prevents squirrels from accessing the stored seeds.
5. The Copper Panorama Bird Feeder by Perky Pet – Designed like an outdoor lamp, this feeder is made from copper so it’s very sturdy. Seeds are only dispersed on the feeding tray only when there are birds picking at the seeds. If the tray is full, the feeder simply stops dispensing more seeds.
Installing these bird feeders is also easy. Whether you want to hang them from a tree branch or from an awning in your porch, you can easily do it using the accessories that come with the feeders. They can also be taken down with ease if you want to have them refilled with seeds and other bird food.